Friday, December 2, 2011

Stop Kicking Me!

I was so excited, last night I was invited by clients to go to the North End for dinner. The restaurant was on a small side street. Beautiful decor' and wonderful  lighting. ( you know I am going to get myself into trouble here).As  a food enthusiast I look around at the plates of some of the diners, looks pretty good so far. As we sit and make small talk the bread comes out, hmm, soft , mushy , lack- luster bread. THIS IS A VERY BAD SIGN  for things to come. Bread in mind, I order something easy and safe for the chef  to prepare. Time for reconnaissance, I excuse myself and go to the ladies room. Just as I thought, rest rooms are fairly clean not clean. Another bad sign.
Dinner  comes out, looks good, tastes interesting( for me that is one step before you get food poisoning).
I refuse to eat ,Having been cooking since I was eight with an Italian grandma, plus having restaurants in our family- No way. My partner keeps kicking me under the table-eat! or we lose the client. My leg today is black and blue. I live by the following: I don't take crap. I don't give crap, and I sure as Hell don't eat crap! I may be black and blue, this morning but my partner meet the porcelain king last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment