Thursday, December 8, 2011

Easy,Quick and SO.... Delicious

Beautiful sunshine, as I look out my window, the sun's warmth hits my face and reminds me of  a delicious Tuna Salad  I make. I admit I think about food a lot. To an Italian food is sensual. The taste, the texture , the smell- please don't let me get started. I think food is how we express our" Love" to family and friends. You come visit, or you do a favor, or do something nice. I was taught that the greatest respect you can give back is  to share food with the person. In my culture, it is a very big "Thank You" for being "you".  For all of  You.
Italian Tuna Salad : 1 -6oz. can of Italian Tuna packed in olive oil. Do not drain. (should say Yellow fin on the side of the can). 1  medium size  Tomato- coarsely chopped. 4-5 tbsp of chopped red onion (or to taste). 8 leaves of Romaine lettuce torn to bite size pieces ( or to taste). In a  small to medium bowl place tuna with oil from the can ,add chopped Tomato, and torn  Romaine. Season with black pepper to taste, salt- lightly to taste, add additional olive oil, and red wine vinegar to taste. Mix salad breaking up tuna and combining with lettuce. Taste adjust seasonings. Serves four as appetizer- or 1 person as a lunch  or light meal.
May this salad fill you with warmth and happiness like the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment