Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Island flavors- Strawberry,Pineapple, Kiwi salsa

Ah, Christmas shopping. I am standing in the check out line at Macy's. I have finally found the Christmas gifts for my two aunts who happen to be twins. Man, what a project. Have you ever run up and down the mall looking for  "just get me anything" or "don't go crazy buy something"? I can tell you from first hand experience "anything" and "something" really know how to hide during Christmas. As I wait my turn to pay, my mind drifts off to when I was in Singapore (a  beautiful place to vacation). One of the meals I had there was served with Strawberry, Pineapple, Kiwi Salsa. I loved it so much I asked for the recipe. This salsa can be served with Scallops , grilled or broiled swordfish ,grilled or saute chicken. I  personally love to eat it as a stand alone. It is easy and healthy.
  Strawberry, Pineapple, Kiwi Salsa:   6 Strawberries, washed , chopped to a small dice, 2 Kiwi , peeled and chopped to a small dice. 1/2c of fresh pineapple cut into a small dice. Squeeze juice from skin of pineapple into a small bowl . 2tbsp of honey..Place all ingredients in the  small bowl. Mix well. let stand 15 min for flavors to blend.  Variation: To spice it up add 2 tbsp of red onion finely chopped, and 1tsp of  a jalapeno pepper, finely chopped. mix in with the fruit.  
Mmmm, I am making Swordfish tonight- salsa here I come. OH right, I still have to pay and find my way out of the mall. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment