Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Chocolate Lover's Cream Cheese Brownies

Unexpected company is coming tonight. Yes, I am stashing all the unwrapped Christmas gifts in a closet.   Did I happen to mention gift wrapping  is not my specialty? When I wrap something it looks like a bomb hit the box. I have no patience to do it right, yet I will knock myself crazy to get food preparation perfect. "Weird."  I am running around trying to figure what I want to serve. Dessert no problem. I just put  the Cream Cheese Brownies in the oven. I think if you try this recipe you will not be able to eat just one brownie.
Cream Cheese Brownies:  1 pkg of German sweet chocolate, 3 tbsp butter, 2 eggs ,3/4 c sugar 1/2 cup flour,  1/2tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/4 tsp pure almond extract( no imitation), 1/2 c chopped walnuts. Filling:  2tbsp butter, softened, 1 3oz pkg cream cheese, softened, 1/4 c sugar , 1 egg, 1tbsp flour, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract.    
In a saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.    In a small mixing bowl beat the eggs. add sugar beat until thick and pale yellow. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt, add to egg mixture- mix well. stir in the extracts and the reserved melted chocolate, add the nuts. Pour  half the batter into a greased 8 inch square baking pan; set aside.
Filling:In another small mixing bowl,, beat the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, flour, and vanilla, mix well. Pour over batter in pan. Spoon remaining batter over filling. With a knife, cut through the batter to marble. Bake 325'   for 35- 40 mins. Cool on a rack , cut into squares. Yields 2 dozen.
I however, will not have 2 dozen to serve tonight, I have all ready eaten a few-- Never Mind How Many----Enjoy  :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment