Friday, December 16, 2011

Deviled Shrimp-Elegant, Quick, Easy and OH So Tasty

Well, All the running around , Christmas shopping, and cooking for company has caught up with me.  I can now say I definitely look like Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer.  Man, this cold won't let go of me. I sound like a Christmas mouse, my voice is near gone. On the up side a lot of my guy friends like the low voice. Mmmm. Back on track, sick or not I am still cooking and doing. (We are all in this boat do, do , do , no time to rest)  The following recipe  looks like you killed yourself, tastes like it too. Alas, our secret, it is easy to put together, plates to to look elegant.
Deviled Shrimp:  2 lbs of boiled shrimped, cleaned and deveined, 1 lemon sliced thin, 1 medium red onion sliced thin, 1/2 c pitted black olives, 2 tbsp of chopped pimento, sliced into strips, 1/2 c fresh lemon juice, 1/4 c olive oil, 1tbsp red wine vinegar , 1 clove of garlic finely chopped, 1/2 bay leaf crushed , 1 tbsp dry mustard, 1/4 tsp cayenne, 1/8 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp salt. Add all the ingredients in a medium bowl except the shrimp, mix well as if tossing a salad. Add shrimp, mix in to blend flavors. Refrigerate.
VIP: Can make 1 day ahead no earlier. The longer the shrimp sits in the marinade the stronger the flavor. I serve  it the same day as made. Let your own taste be your guide.
To plate this appetizer to look elegant. On each serving plate , place some shrimp, olives, onion and pimento, Take 2 lemon slices per plate from the marinade. Cut half way through,  twist, so lemon will form an S , place 1 lemon slice at the top of plate,twisted and place 2nd slice at the bottom, twisted. Spoon  a little marinade over each plate and serve. Enjoy !
Time to go, one of my "friends" is calling through asking if I can guide a sleigh tonight-- Man, everybody is a comedian! :)  Be Well

No comments:

Post a Comment