Wednesday, December 7, 2011

'Cinnamon" Let Me In--LaLa, La

OK, So I don't know all the words to the above mentioned song. As I am dancing around the kitchen singing( do picture the dog wincing in pain, usually when I sing people ask me to whistle) about "Cinnamon " my mind is replaying a lovely conversation I had with my friend Cheryl. we  were talking about holiday cookies. Last year she made cinnamon peanut brittle. and gave it as gifts. Sounded yummy. Our conversation left me with the hankering for Snickerdoodles. A soft chewy,cookie made with butter.  No substitutes! Why? The butter draws out and enhances the flavor of the cinnamon. I have them in the oven even as we speak. They are irresistible. My gift to you on a cold , damp December day. Enjoy!
Snickerdoodles: 3cups flour, 2tsp cream of tartar, 1tsp baking soda, 1/4tsp salt, 1 3/4 c sugar, 16 tbsp butter- room temperature, 5 tsp cinnamon, 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, ( the real thing- no cheating) 2eggs.
In a bowl whisk flour, cram of tartar, baking soda, and salt  together. set aside. Beat butter in medium bowl with 1 1/2c sugar on medium speed for 2mins. Add 2tsp of cinnamon, and vanilla, beat in eggs until combined well. Add reserved flour mixture . Beat  to combine. Refrigerate dough for 30 min. Oven 375". Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.  Remove dough from refrigerator. Make 48 - 1inch balls . Roll balls in the cinnamon sugar. Arrange balls  2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheets. Bake 10 mins. Transfer to racks to cool. Oh! Cinnamon baby let me in!

No comments:

Post a Comment