Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Cranberry Biscuits

Today I am cooking up a storm,I have a day off and I love to cook to unwind. Looking through my recipe files I found a  biscuit recipe which I love to make ( 3 guesses what I am making to accompany the trout I will be cooking tonight). Cranberry Biscuits: Light, flaky, tender, and full of dried cranberries, a wonderful taste explosion  of flavor.  Cranberry Biscuits  :   Yields 18.  4 c flour , 4 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp cream of tartar, 3/4 tsp salt , 1 1/2 tsp nutmeg 1/3 c sugar, 1 c unsalted butter (2 sticks) ,  1 1/3 c buttermilk, 1 c dried cranberries. Oven 425'. Oven rack in the middle position. Lightly grease a large baking sheet. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cream of tartar, nutmeg and sugar in a bowl. Cut in the butter. Mix in the buttermilk and the cranberries. Knead  6 turns ( just to combine the cranberries.) Cut out 18 biscuits Bake 15 mins.  Serve with butter.
If you have leftovers, these biscuits are amazing sliced and toasted for breakfast served  with butter and jam.
Time to prepare the fish and all the fixings, the biscuits go in the oven just before dinner is served. Cooking  is a labor of love, I relish my days off when I can cook and give Love to all the wonderful people in my life. Be well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment