Thursday, January 12, 2012

Bread And Chocolate...

I was out and about last night and finished the evening at a friend's house. We had come from shopping for staples to cook for Saturday's Patriot's game. We  had also had dinner We were stuffed, but  there is  always room for chocolate. (The mantra of this blog--" CHOCOLATE YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH-") Elena introduced me to a dessert that is very popular in Spain, her native country. Bread and Chocolate with Olive Oil  and Sea Salt.  I was intrigued , frankly, I am not a salty , sweet type. I either like salt or I like sweet, not the two mixed. I was pleasantly surprised, it was quite good. It  is light enough, yet satisfying.  Bread and Chocolate with Olive Oil and Sea Salt;  Oven 325'  Serves 6 6oz dark chocolate ( 60% cocoa)   grated, 6 slices of country- style white bread, 1/4 c extra virgin Olive Oil, 1/2 tsp Sea Salt Flakes. Lightly toast the bread, until golden on both sides. Spoon the grated chocolate evenly over the toast, covering completely. Drizzle olive oil over the chocolate. Heat  in the oven for 5 mins until chocolate is melted. Sprinkle with the Sea Salt Flakes. Serve.
Very enjoyable with a cup of coffee or tea. Great after a large meal.
As I ready for " The Game" my thoughts turn to Barbecued Baby Back Ribs, Crab Cakes etc. and Triple Chocolate Biscotti. I enjoyed the Bread and Chocolate  but  never on "Game Day". Be well:)

No comments:

Post a Comment