Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Apple Crisp

 The sky was blue and the temperature soared to 58'  today. Unbelievable! Its January and we are having Spring like weather. I for one will take as many of these days as I can get, with such beautiful weather I was out and about.  I happened to over hear two women discussing  a Church pot luck dinner. They had decided Apple Crisp should be one of the dessert items. I had to bite my tongue I would have loved to have given them the recipe I found a few years back in Gourmet magazine.   I will however  share with you this delicious recipe. Apple Crisp: 5 Granny Smith Apples, 5 Mc Intosh Apples all peeled, and  sliced. 1 tsp cinnamon, 3 tbl sugar 1 c flour, 1 c light brown sugar firmly packed, 1 c oats, 1 c walnuts chopped, 1 stick unsalted butter. Oven  350'. One 13x 9x2 glass baking dish. Combine the apples, and cinnamon , sprinkle with 3tbl sugar . Arrange in the baking dish. In a medium bowl combine the flour , brown sugar , oats, walnuts, and butter , until coarse crumbs  form. Sprinkle over the apples. Bake 45-50 mins.  Serve warm with vanilla ice cream. Serves  6
My Apple Crisp just went in the oven., as it is cooking I am going to take my dog for a quick walk. I want to savor as much of this amazing weather as I can before Mother Nature brings us back to January and all its cold. Be well:)

No comments:

Post a Comment